Middle School Track Meet
Alabama Middle School Indoor Track & Field
Meet #1 Dec. 10, 2020 4PM
Facility and Admission 6 lane hydraulic banked track. Timing is FAT by XPRESS Timing. There will be a parking and gate charge for all people entering the CrossPlex without an AHSAA coaches card. That charge amount is determined by the CrossPlex and the Birmingham City Schools Athletics Department.
Equipment Starting blocks and shots will be provided. Please leave yours at home. You must provide your own batons for the relays and poles for pole vault.
Entries and Registration Unlimited entries per team. Unlimited relays. Limit of 2 events per athlete (including relays). Registration is online at http://al.milesplit.com. You must set up your team’s roster on this site. Please follow directions posted on the site. Deadline to register is TUESDAY, DEC. 10 @ MIDNIGHT. No late entries will be accepted.
Entry Fee Entry fee is $10 per athlete. There is a maximum fee of $300 per school. Schools may waive all fees by providing 2-4 adult workers to work the meet. These workers must still pay the parking and gate fees. They are working to waive their school’s fee – they are not working to waive their own admission fee.
Checks or a copy of the purchase order for the meet fee are to be brought to the meet. Without a check or a PO, non-paying schools/teams will not be allowed to participate. These fees must be paid before future entry into later meets. See contract information at registration site for explanation and greater detail. Schools can mail checks to Birmingham City Schools. If mailed, bring the PO for verification. No “check is in the mail” explanations are allowed.
Entry Deadline TUESDAY, DEC. 10 @ MIDNIGHT No entries will be accepted after that time.
Sanctioning The meet is sanctioned by AHSAA. Alabama rules apply. Schools/teams must be member schools of their governing state’s athletic association in order to participate. No club teams are allowed to participate. Unattached runners are not allowed to participate.
Verification of Entry Bring a printout of your entries to the meet. This will serve as your entry verification.
Clerking/Scratches There are no additions and substitutions at the meet. All runners must check in at the clerk when called. After the final call, athletes will be scratched. All field events will check in at that field event.
Rules We will use NFHSA and AHSAA rules.
Field Events For Horizontal Events (Shot Put, Long Jump): Flight sheets will be used from best to worst. Athletes will be allowed to jump and/or put out of flight order but only in either the first flight or the last flight. This is to allow athletes with conflicting events to jump and/or put around their running event.
For Vertical Events (Pole Vault, High Jump): We will run 2 pits beginning at 4:00. Athletes who leave to compete in other events and return, will jump at that current height.
Appeals Any appeal must be given to the meet referee in writing, accompanied with a $25.00 fee within 30 minutes of the infraction. If the appeal is upheld, the money will be refunded. Appealable offenses are misapplication of ASHAA and NFHSA rules. Judgment calls cannot be appealed.
Location Birmingham CrossPlex. 2331 Bessemer Road Birmingham, AL 35208
Take I-20/59 to exit #120. Go south for 1 mile. The CrossPlex is on your left.
Contact Meet Directors: Jason Williams Cell: 205-240-6708 firstname.lastname@example.org
Amelia Breeze Cell: 205-410-8034 BREEZEA@mtnbrook.k12.al.us
Schedule of Events:
TRACK EVENTS (Girls compete first in all events)
High Jump (2 pits, girls and boys at separate pits)
Pole Vault (2 pits, girls and boys at separate pits)
Long Jump (2 pits, girls and boys at separate pits)
Boys Shot Put, followed by Girls Shot Put
1. Each team should be prepared to provide 2-4 capable adult volunteers to work one field event for the duration of that field event. Teams who do not provide adequate workers and who do not pay the $300 fee will not be allowed to participate.
2. Coaches cards will be checked at the gate. Adults who do not have a valid coaches card will be charged the gate fee, even volunteer workers. 3. ¼ “ Pyramid Spikes only. No other spikes are allowed. Athletes must have their spikes checked before competing. Spikes that do not meet regulation will not be permitted in competition. 4. Gate fee is $8 per person, even volunteer workers. 5. Parking is $5. The City of Birmingham collects this money. Parking in the shopping center across the street is not allowed – violators will be towed. Even volunteer workers must pay for parking.
6. Concessions will be available. Prices vary. No outside food/drinks are permitted in the CrossPlex.
7. A swimming meet may take place at the same time as the Track & Field meet. Plan accordingly.
8. This is an AHSAA sanctioned event. Only member schools may participate. Track Clubs, unattached athletes, and non-member schools are not eligible to compete. 9. This is an ALABAMA MIDDLE SCHOOL only meet. Only eligible ALABAMA 7th & 8th Graders are allowed to compete
- Dates: December 10, 2020
- Location: Birmingham Crossplex
- Address: 2337 Bessemer Road, Birmingham, AL 35208
- Phone: (205) 279-8900
- Time: 4:00 PM
- Price: $8.00